The second annual Hong Kong Speed Cup has just finished up and was an incredible event! Everyone had fun, flew well and enjoyed time with friends. There were a total of 12 pilots in the unlimited class. 4 Henseleit TDR II’s, 4 Diabolo Speed’s and 4 Gaui R5’s. It was definitely the biggest event of it’s kind in Asia!
Congratulations to the following pilots on their finish in the unlimited class:
- KUN HSIANG,CHEN – 254 km/h – Scorpion HK 5040-530Kv in a Diabolo S
- Georges Van Gansen – 249 km/h – Scorpion HK 5035-540Kv in a TDR II
- Poom Uditananda – 225 km/h – Scorpion HK 4525-610Kv in a Gaui R5
Congratulations to the following pilots on their finish in the stock class:
- Danny Wang – 219 km/h – Scorpion HK 4530 in a Goblin 700
- Nelson Chan – 198 km/h – Scorpion HK 4540 in a JR Forza
- Chris Chan – 198 km/h – Pyro 850 in a JR Forza
(Second and third had the same top speed, so their second best speed determined the final positions.)
Unfortunately there was 1 crash during the event, a Diabolo Speed went down due to electronic failure. The model was a complete loss and will have to be rebuilt as new.
A key point in the event was Chance Hsu’s (RC Mania) popular new blade design. It took 1st and 2nd place in the unlimited class with a total of 4 pilots using it with great success. The new blade design has a unique shape to it designed specifically for speed flying.
When the event was over, everyone enjoyed excellent food and champagne to celebrate a fantastic event.